Friday, January 13, 2017

Your bed has vanished under boxes now.

That's how long it's been. All the mail you've gotten since you left is basically covering your entire bed. It'll be like Christmas for you when you come back.

It's been crazy around here since you left. Deadlines, of course, and then I got hit with the flu. Immediately after that, my aunt ended up in the hospital, and she's been there since December 20th. And she'll be there for another...I don't know how long. Her kids and my uncle (her brother, not her ex) have been visiting, and the house has been in chaos for the last ten days. Mom left the day after the first one of them arrived, leaving me to handle it all. So many people, C. The last of them just left this afternoon. It was overwhelming. I wish you had been there, but at the same time I'm glad you weren't--it would've exhausted you even more than it did to me.

Tomorrow starts the SCBWI conference I'd planned on dragging you to, so I guess you're off the hook. I'm hoping you'll be back in time for RT, though. We're holding on to your spot in the room for a little longer just in case. I'll talk them into keeping it for as long as possible. I really want you to be there.

Also, I got a new car. It's pretty and BLUE, finally. A bright blue Hyundai Elantra that the internet has named Misty. Nemesis is out now, too. And Island is only a few weeks away. Maybe you'll be here before that release to celebrate it with me.

I miss you madly, C.
Stay safe and hurry back, okay?

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment